Los Toperas

Jornalismo, videogames e seres abjetos

17 abril 2006

[idéias] 10 perguntas: David Hayter


Ok, ele pode ser canastrão, mas definitivamente tem algo a dizer.

Ah. E ele é o roteirista da adaptação de Watchmen.

***

What is your favorite TV program, past or current?

The Sopranos. Aside form the brilliant performances, this is one of the few shows where I have almost no idea where it is going from one moment to the next. This is very hard to accomplish without leaving the audience feeling cheated by inconsistent storytelling. In the end, every story-line surprises you completely, and yet, it all feels like it was inevitable from the beginning. That is the ultimate trick to telling a great story.

Also, I have to give props to Battlestar Gallactica for being absolutely, out-of-the-box amazing. I expected very little from this series when it started, and watched out of protest. This season's opening sequence was so jaw-droppingly perfect that I nearly wept.


What do you feel has been your most important professional accomplishment to date?

There have been many milestones in the course of my strange and varied career. Metal Gear Solid gave me enough name recognition to convince me that name-recognition was not really what I wanted, even thought it satisfied my desire to make some mark as an actor.

And X-Men obviously gave me my big break, but it did a lot more than that. Prior to writing on X-Men, I was primarily an actor and a producer. Learning the writing process under Bryan Singer's mentoring opened up the techniques and insights which went into developing a filmmaking style that was true to myself. X-Men not only opened the door for me, it forced me to... (continua)

[fonte: IGN]